Full year 2021 results: strong growth in results and pursuit of the strategic refocusing
Published on March 21, 2022 – News
Groupe Gorgé has taken major steps in the strategic refocusing and simplification of its activities in 2021. Following the distribution of most of its Prodways Group shares to its shareholders, Groupe Gorgé today announces plans to withdraw from its technical doors activity for the nuclear sector. The company’s transformation will continue in 2022 with the acquisition of iXblue in order to create a French technological champion. These operations, combined with the strong growth in the results of the Drones & Systems division, are transforming the company’s profitability profile
Further important steps in the strategic refocusing
- Distribution of most of the stake in Prodways Group at the end of 2021;
- Project to withdraw from the technical doors business for the nuclear sector (subsidiary Baumert), now classified as “discontinued operations”;
- Combination of ECA and iXblue, scheduled for 2022, to create a world-class player in advanced technologies for critical applications.
A transformed profitability profile
- Organic revenue growth of +21% compared to 2020;
- Current EBITDA margin of 17%, up +7 pts compared to 2020 in the former scope;
- Net income of €46 million, largely driven by the capital gain recognized on the Prodways Group shares.
Drones & Systems: a growth driver
- Ramp-up in revenues: +20% in 2021
- Strong growth in current EBITDA of +49%, reflecting a margin of 21%.
An improved extra-financial performance
- Gaïa rating: Groupe Gorgé ranks 12th in its category thanks to a + 8 points improvement in its rating, with progress in all areas.